A few random, but important, library things to share:
- As of Saturday, May 11th, 6:38 PM, we have “earned” 1475 SEK of rewards to spend on Scholastic Books… because of all the online orders our ISGR parents have placed. Thank you! That means we can buy great, recently published, fiction students have been wanting, and non fiction that is specifically selected to support our Program of Inquiry.
- We still have two more weeks of online book browsing and purchasing. So please do follow this link to get ready for a summer full of reading! The deadline is Sunday, May 26th. The ordered books will be handed out to the students on the last day of school. Please send me an email if your child will not be there on that day, so we can find another suitable time to get the books to you.
- Due to a special staff meeting on Wednesday, May 15th – the library will be closed after school. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- On Friday, May 17th, 14.30 – 15.00, in the library, Shreya (PYP 5 student) will run her second trial round of the “Zero Hunger Board Game” she has created. It is an educational board game meant for third grade and up. She is taking action on what she has learned so far, during her Exhibition work. Come, play and learn!
- Our regular Library Club Board Game afternoon takes place on Friday, May 24th.
- This week during the library lessons, students will be introduced to the Summer Reading Challenge and encouraged to participate. They are invited to come up with an appropriate way to celebrate their completed Summer Reading Challenge after the summer, once we are all back at school in August. I will report back with a decision by the end of the week! Here is the, slightly altered, Summer Reading Challenge 2019