Another Reading Festival Day! Here is today’s video message:
Today, we welcomed Victoria Jamieson to our school. One of our students saw her in the hallway this morning, then looked at the photo of Victoria on the poster on the wall, then looked at Victoria again and her jaw dropped. “I’ve read one of your books, and it’s so good!” she said with a big smile as we walked past. A great start to three days filled with illustration workshops!
As predicted, we’ve received more swishes for the Read-A-Thon. Our total is now 3118 SEK! Wow, thank you for your generosity – and thank you to all our Read-A-Thon participants who read a ton! Please note that Friday is the last day to swish your sponsor money. Thank you!
To make our book sale on Friday run as smoothly and joyfully as possible, please read the information below carefully:
- The books available to buy are the books by our Reading Festival guests: Victoria Jamieson, Hanna Olausson and Elise Gravel.
- The book sale takes place on Friday, April 29th in our school library from 14.30 – 16.00.
- If you’re interested in Hanna Olausson’s books: she will sell her books, and sign them as well. Her picture books cost 140 SEK.
- If you’re interested in Victoria Jamieson’s books: she will be there to sign her books as well. Her full-color graphic novels cost 95 SEK (Roller Girl), 100 SEK (Pets on the Loose), and 125 SEK (When Stars are Scattered and All’s Fair in Middle School). Please note that we’ve got 55 of her books to sell.
- If you’re interested in Elise Gravel’s books: she won’t be there to sign them. So here’s what we’ve come up with: students choose a book to buy from the posters we’ve put up (see the pdfs below for the options and prices). They pay then & there (swish or cash). We will then order all the Elise Gravel books that have been purchased by the students during the book sale. Elise (in her studio in Canada!) will make a personalized, signed sticker to put in the book. We will put the right stickers in the right books and give these to the right students!
- If students come to the book sale by themselves, we ask them to pay with cash. Students who are with their caregivers, can pay with swish. We want the “swisher” to be present, so we can immediately see that the swish was successful. If it’s really busy, we don’t have the time to go into our swish app and check to see who’s paid for what – it’s much easier if the person who swishes is right there to show us their proof of the swish transaction.
- Please don’t swish/give us cash before Friday for the book sale. This year, we don’t have it set up for pre-ordering. Thank you for your understanding!
- We expect it to be busy, especially in the first half hour or so. This might mean some waiting time outside the library. We ask you kindly to be patient! Thank you!
- Please don’t hesitate to email us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow we will welcome Reading Festival author/illustrator/painter Hanna Olausson, who will be working with the F and 1 students!